Speaking of the retail therapy I had, I bought 2 albums over the past few days. XD

First, I bought Coldplay's new album "Viva La Vida/Death and All Of His Friends" (before my interview day). On top of that, I bought a special edition that included a second CD, "Prospekt's March EP". So it cost about RM50. But it was worth it, totally. I had always liked Coldplay, but since it was quite mainstream and their songs are always played on the radio, I didn't feel a need to buy their previous albums. It's those kind of albums you buy only if you have a lot of money to spare. Which I don't, thank you very much.

Anyway, I wanted to buy their newest album early on when it came out because the songs were much cooler. I also watched their concert in Japan (on MTV, duh; like I would go all the way to Japan to watch a concert) and it was really awesome. I especially liked their performance during "Lover's in Japan" where they had millions of small origami shapes dropped from above over the audience. And of course, "Lost!" because that song is just so fantastic live. So, buying the album is definitely worth it. The songs are really good.

My second round of retail therapy was another album - this time an album I was more eager to purchase. From my older post, I mentioned that I was on the hunt for Apocalyptica's previous albums. And they are not easy to find here in Malaysia. You have to go to really good music stores that have a very wide selection. My fave spots to look for these non-mainstream music is Love Music at Ampang Park, Rock Corner at the Curve and now at KLCC, Victoria Music at Sungei Wang, Speedy Video at Pavillion and of course, Tower of Records has always been a good store for music. I especially like going to Love Music at Ampang Park because although it is a small shop, they have a very impressive selection. And most importantly, they have imported CDs and CDs that you won't otherwise find in a normal store. Rock Corner is also very good because that's where I found my Within Temptation CDs and they also have an excellent selection. They also have the 'High Society' compilations. I really wish I could get one, but it costs a good RM100 each.

Me going into a music store is just as bad as me going into a bookstore. It's hard to resist the temptation to buy something. Because there are so many nice albums and even more books calling you to buy and listen/read them. (Recall a "Confessions of a Shopaholic" scene where store mannequins were calling Becky inside - I get something similar when I'm inside a music/book store) My only problem is money. I eagerly anticipate the day when I earn my own dough. Right now, I must be content with browsing and running my fingers longingly over plastic-wrapped CD jewel cases or superbly sleek and new-smelling books. Sigh.

Aha! But I had my dose of retail therapy, albeit a bit. Yesterday, after my interview, my parents and I went for lunch at Pavillion. And there was where I nabbed my chance to hunt for Apocalyptica and Hurrah! Speedy Video had one copy of "Amplified - A Decade of Reinventing the Cello", a compilation of some of their best hits since their first album. Which I think was absolutely fantastic because I get all their popular songs in one album. And again, like the Coldplay album, I get 2 CDs whereby the second CD had 8 songs with vocals. (Apocalyptica is predominantly an instrumental band but they have collaborations with other artists to add vocals to their songs). I love my new Apocalyptica album because it has most of the songs I've been listening to/watching on Youtube. If only I could get my hands on their "Life Burns Tour DVD" which has their music videos. That's another hunt altogether.

I'm loving their song, "Farewell" (composed by Perttu - absolute genius!). It's just beautiful. Watch this video!



Last but not least, kudos to my Baba for giving me the RM60 for my Apocalyptica CD. Thanks! ;D

P.S. I just remembered - I also got a new tube of lipgloss, M.A.C.'s Viva Glam Special Edition LipGlass (wearing it right now by the way!). It was a surprise buy actually; I really didn't expect it. Thanks Mummy!
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. MrsNordin Says:

    The colour looks good on you. That's why I bought it. I'm glad you like it.


Post a Comment

Post Comment